中英翻譯:2020美國總統拜登演講
(摘選部分,以下全文來自秘塔翻譯)
My fellow Americans, the people of this nation have spoken.
我的美國同胞們,這個國家的人民已經發聲了。
They have delivered us a clear victory. A convincing victory.
他們給我們帶來了顯著的勝利。令人信服的勝利
A victory for “We the People.”
這是“我們人民”的勝利。
We have won with the most votes ever cast for a presidential ticket in the history of this nation — 74 million.
我們贏得了這個國家歷史上最多的總統選票——7400萬張。
I am humbled by the trust and confidence you have placed in me.
你們對我的信任和信心使我感到謙卑。
I pledge to be a President who seeks not to divide, but to unify.
我發誓成為一位不尋求分裂,而是尋求統一的總統。
Who doesn’t see Red and Blue states, but a United States.
誰能不看到紅藍兩個州,而是一個美國呢?
And who will work with all my heart to win the confidence of the whole people.
誰將全心全意的工作來贏得全國人民的信任。
For that is what America is about: The people.
因為這就是美國的意義所在:人民。
And that is what our Administration will be about.
這就是我們的政府將會是什么。
I sought this office to restore the soul of America.
我選擇這個職位是為了重塑美國的靈魂。
To rebuild the backbone of the nation — the middle class.
重建國家的中堅力量——中產階級。
To make America respected around the world again and to unite us here at home.
讓美國在世界上再次受到尊重,讓我們在國內團結起來。
It is the honor of my lifetime that so many millions of Americans have voted for this vision.
數百萬美國人投票支持這一愿景,這是我一生的光榮。
And now the work of making this vision real is the task of our time.
現在,實現這一愿景的工作是我們這個時代的任務。
.......
And to all those who supported us: I am proud of the campaign we built and ran. I am proud of the coalition we put together, the broadest and most diverse in history.
對所有支持我們的人:我為我們建立和運作的競選感到驕傲。我為我們組成的聯盟感到驕傲,這是歷史上最廣泛和最多樣化的聯盟。
Democrats, Republicans and Independents.
民主黨人,共和黨人和無黨派人士。
Progressives, moderates and conservatives.
進步派,溫和派和保守派。
Young and old.
年輕的和年老的。
Urban, suburban and rural.
城市,郊區和農村。
Gay, straight, transgender.
同性戀,異性戀,跨性別者。
White. Latino. Asian. Native American.
白色的。拉丁裔。亞洲人。美洲原住民。
And especially for those moments when this campaign was at its lowest — the African American community stood up again for me. They always have my back, and I’ll have yours.
尤其是在競選活動陷入低谷的時刻——非洲裔美國人再次站出來支持我。他們總是支持我,我也會支持你們。
......
The battle to restore decency, defend democracy, and give everybody in this country a fair shot.
恢復體面、捍衛民主、讓這個國家的每個人都有公平的機會。
Our work begins with getting COVID under control.
我們的工作從控制好 COVID開始。
We cannot repair the economy, restore our vitality, or relish life’s most precious moments — hugging a grandchild, birthdays, weddings, graduations, all the moments that matter most to us — until we get this virus under control.
我們不能修復經濟、恢復活力或享受生命中最珍貴的時刻——擁抱孫子、生日、婚禮、畢業,以及所有對我們最重要的時刻——除非我們控制住了這種病毒。
On Monday, I will name a group of leading scientists and experts as Transition Advisors to help take the Biden-Harris COVID plan and convert it into an action blueprint that starts on January 20th, 2021.
周一,我將任命一組頂尖科學家和專家作為過渡顧問,幫助實施拜登-哈里斯 COVID計劃,并將其轉化為行動藍圖,從2021年1月20日開始實施。
That plan will be built on a bedrock of science. It will be constructed out of compassion, empathy, and concern.
該計劃將建立在科學的基礎上。它將建立在同情、同理心和關心的基礎上。
I will spare no effort — or commitment — to turn this pandemic around.
我將不遺余力,或不遺余力地扭轉這一流行病。
I ran as a proud Democrat. I will now be an American president. I will work as hard for those who didn’t vote for me — as those who did.
我作為一名自豪的民主黨人參選。我現在將成為一名美國總統。我將為那些沒有投票給我的人努力工作,就像那些投票給我的人一樣。
Let this grim era of demonization in America begin to end — here and now.
讓這一殘酷的妖魔化時代在此時此地結束吧。
The refusal of Democrats and Republicans to cooperate with one another is not due to some mysterious force beyond our control.
民主黨人和共和黨人拒絕合作并不是因為某種我們無法控制的神秘力量。
It’s a decision. It’s a choice we make.
這是一個決定。這是我們做出的選擇。
And if we can decide not to cooperate, then we can decide to cooperate. And I believe that this is part of the mandate from the American people. They want us to cooperate.
如果我們可以決定不合作,那么我們就可以決定合作。我相信這是美國人民所賦予的使命的一部分。他們希望我們合作。
That’s the choice I’ll make. And I call on the Congress — Democrats and Republicans alike — to make that choice with me.
這是我要做的選擇。我呼吁國會——無論是民主黨人還是共和黨人——和我一起做出這個選擇。
The American story is about the slow, yet steady widening of opportunity.
美國人的故事是關于機會的緩慢但穩步擴大的故事。
Make no mistake: Too many dreams have been deferred for too long.
不要搞錯了:太多的夢想被推遲了太久。
We must make the promise of the country real for everybody — no matter their race, their ethnicity, their faith, their identity, or their disability.
我們必須使國家的承諾對每個人——無論他們的種族、種族、民族、信仰、身份或殘疾。
America has always been shaped by inflection points — by moments in time where we’ve made hard decisions about who we are and what we want to be.
美國總是由拐點塑造的,也就是我們對自己是誰和我們想成為什么樣的人做出艱難決定的時刻。
Lincoln in 1860 — coming to save the Union.
1860年的林肯——來拯救聯邦。
FDR in 1932 — promising a beleaguered country a New Deal.
1932年的羅斯福——許諾要一個被圍困的國家實施新政。
JFK in 1960 — pledging a New Frontier.
1960年,肯尼迪——承諾建立一個新的疆域。
And twelve years ago — when Barack Obama made history — and told us, “Yes, we can.”
12年前,當巴拉克·奧巴馬創造歷史的時候——告訴我們,“是的,我們能做到。”
We stand again at an inflection point.
我們再次站在一個拐點上。
We have the opportunity to defeat despair and to build a nation of prosperity and purpose.
我們有機會戰勝絕望,建設一個繁榮和目標明確的國家。
We can do it. I know we can.
我們能做到的。我知道我們能做到。
I’ve long talked about the battle for the soul of America.
我很久以來一直在談論美國靈魂之戰。
We must restore the soul of America.
我們必須重塑美國的靈魂。
Our nation is shaped by the constant battle between our better angels and our darkest impulses.
我們的國家是由我們更好的天使和我們最黑暗的沖動之間的持續不斷的斗爭塑造的。
It is time for our better angels to prevail.
現在是時候讓我們更好的天使獲勝。
Tonight, the whole world is watching America. I believe at our best America is a beacon for the globe.
今晚,全世界都在關注美國。我相信,在我們最好的時候,美國是全球的燈塔。
And we lead not by the example of our power, but by the power of our example.
我們不是以我們的力量為榜樣,而是以榜樣的力量來領導。
I’ve always believed we can define America in one word: Possibilities.
我一直相信,我們可以用一個詞來定義美國:可能性。
That in America everyone should be given the opportunity to go as far as their dreams and God-given ability will take them.
在美國,每個人都應該有機會去實現自己的夢想和上帝賦予的能力。
You see, I believe in the possibility of this country.
你知道,我相信這個國家是可能的。
We’re always looking ahead.
我們總是向前看。
Ahead to an America that’s freer and more just.
邁向一個更自由和更公正的美國。
Ahead to an America that creates jobs with dignity and respect.
讓我們走向一個創造有尊嚴的工作機會的美國。
Ahead to an America that cures disease — like cancer and Alzheimers.
讓一個能治愈疾病的美國前進——比如癌癥和老年癡呆。
Ahead to an America that never leaves anyone behind.
走向一個永遠不會讓任何人掉隊的美國。
Ahead to an America that never gives up, never gives in.
走向一個永不放棄,永不屈服的美國。
This is a great nation.
這是一個偉大的國家。
And we are a good people.
我們是一個善良的民族。
This is the United States of America.
這就是美利堅合眾國。
.......
And I hope it can provide some comfort and solace to the more than 230,000 families who have lost a loved one to this terrible virus this year. My heart goes out to each and every one of you. Hopefully this hymn gives you solace as well.
我希望它能為今年在這種可怕的病毒中失去了親人的23萬多個家庭提供一些安慰和慰藉。我的心與你們每一個人同在一起的。希望這首贊美詩也能給你安慰。
.......
And now, together — on eagle’s wings — we embark on the work that God and history have called upon us to do.
現在,借助雄鷹的翅膀,我們一起開始了上帝和歷史的召喚我們去做的事情。
With full hearts and steady hands, with faith in America and in each other, with a love of country — and a thirst for justice — let us be the nation that we know we can be.
懷著滿懷的心和堅定的雙手,懷著對美國的信念,懷著對國家的熱愛,懷著對正義的渴望,讓我們成為一個我們知道我們能夠成為的國家。
A nation united.
一個團結的國家。
A nation strengthened.
一個國家變得強大了。
A nation healed.
一個國家得到了治愈。
The United States of America.
美利堅合眾國。
God bless you.
愿上帝保佑你們。
And may God protect our troops.
愿上帝保佑我們。
中英翻譯:2020美國總統拜登演講
上一條:朋友圈世界人物形象的翻譯 | 下一條:劇本翻譯 |